How to prepare Tapioca Pearls for Bubble Tea:
Step 1: Boil Water
Make sure there is a minimum of
7 parts water to 1 part tapioca.
Step 2: Pour tapioca into boiling water
- Bring water to boil then add in the tapioca pearls.
Step 3: Keep Stirring
Keep stirring the tapioca pearls so that it doesn’t
stick to the bottom.
Step 4: Let the tapioca float to the top
- Let the tapioca pearls float to the top.
Step 5: Cook for 20 minutes on high heat with cover on
- When the tapioca floats, cover the pot.
- Maintain a rolling boil and stir every 5 minutes.
Step 6: Steep the cooked tapioca for 15 minutes
After cooking for 20 minutes, remove the pot
off the heat and let sit for 20 minutes covered.
Step 7: Drain the water from the cooked tapioca
- Then run lukewarm or cold water over the pearls and drain.
Step 8: Cover in sugar syrup
Pour tapioca into a container and cover in some
fructose or brown sugar syrup.
- Cover the container.
- Consume within 3 days
Create the Brown Sugar Latte:
- Pour in 2.5 tablespoons of Brown Sugar Syrup into the glass. You can drip the brown sugar syrup with a spoon along the insides of the glass just like the one from the bubble tea shops!
- Add the cooked pearls into the glass.
- Place half a glass of ice into a cup (if you want to serve cold)
- Pour in milk (hot or cold).
Your own DIY Brown Sugar Milk Tea is finished! Take a pic for the gram, tag @kitts.bubbletea
- 2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar Syrup
- 30g-60g of Cooked Tapioca Pearls
- ½ Cup of Ice
- 250 ml of milk of your choice