Tapioca Pearls Recipe
How to prepare Tapioca Pearls for Bubble Tea:
Step 1: Boil water - 2 litre
- Make sure there is a minimum of 7 parts water to 1 part tapioca.
Step 2: Pour tapioca into boiling water
- Bring water to boil then add in the tapioca pearls.
Step 3: Keep Stirring
Keep stirring the tapioca pearls so that it doesn’t
stick to the bottom.
Step 4: Let the tapioca float to the top
- Let the tapioca pearls float to the top.
Step 5: Cook for 25 minutes on high heat with cover on
- When the tapioca floats, cover the pot.
- Maintain a rolling boil and stir every 2 - 3 minutes.
Step 6: Steep the cooked tapioca for 20 minutes
After cooking for 25 minutes, remove the pot
off the heat and let sit for 20 minutes covered.
Step 7: Drain the water from the cooked tapioca
- Drain the water, then run cold water over the cooked tapioca pearls and drain.
Step 8: Cover in sugar syrup
- Pour tapioca into a container and cover with fructose or brown sugar syrup.
- Cover the container.
- Consume within 3 days